Eritrea faces default judgment in $200 million dispute with Qatar National Bank
Six months after being notified, the Horn of Africa country has yet to initiate its defence in the second court case against it.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ Eritrea faces default judgment in $200 million dispute with Qatar National Bank
▪ Six months after being notified, the Horn of Africa country has yet to initiate its defence in the second court case against it.
The dispute dates to March 2009 when the government of President Isaias Afwerki approached Qatar National Bank (QNB) to borrow $30 million before amending the terms of the contract signed by the finance ministry to increase the amount to $200 million.
This article is for subscribers only. To read more, subscribe with a special offer.
You are connected to your Jeune Afrique account but your Africa Business+ subscription does not allow you to consult the English version. To update your subscription, contact us by clicking here.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Africa Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : [email protected]
Add AB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add AB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.