Renewables: AFC and Microsoft seek guarantees for Nigeria’s $85m Konexa project
The backers of the power supply project in northern Nigeria are hoping the World Bank will provide cover.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ Renewables: AFC and Microsoft seek guarantees for Nigeria’s $85m Konexa project
▪ The backers of the power supply project in northern Nigeria are hoping the World Bank will provide cover.
The $85 million Konexa project, spread over two areas in the north of the country between Igabi Kaduna and Rigachikun, is making its promoters nervous again. After a franchise agreement was signed in March 2020 between the local Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company Plc (KEDCO) and the Jersey-registered Konexa, more than $85.5 million had to be secured amid uncertainty due to the pandemic. However, the management finally managed to attract big names such as the Climate Fund Managers (CFM), Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), Microsoft, and the Rockefeller Foundation.
This article is for subscribers only. To read more, subscribe with a special offer.
You are connected to your Jeune Afrique account but your Africa Business+ subscription does not allow you to consult the English version. To update your subscription, contact us by clicking here.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Africa Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : [email protected]
Add AB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add AB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.