Verdant Capital closes first round of financing at $36 million after convincing KfW
The South African company is launching a vehicle to help finance SMEs on the continent following several years of planning.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ Verdant Capital closes first round of financing at $36 million after convincing KfW
▪ The South African company is launching a vehicle to help finance SMEs on the continent following several years of planning.
Africa Business+ anticipated the fund’s closing at the end of last year. It is now a done deal for Verdant Capital, which had long preferred to focus its activities on equity advisory services to funds or institutions without venturing directly into the SME arena. The idea for a vehicle started to germinate in 2018, but the covid epidemic delayed the launch of the hybrid fund.
This article is for subscribers only. To read more, subscribe with a special offer.
You are connected to your Jeune Afrique account but your Africa Business+ subscription does not allow you to consult the English version. To update your subscription, contact us by clicking here.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Africa Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : [email protected]
Add AB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add AB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.