The team behind Gemcorp’s investments in Africa
The London-based investment group, managed by former VTB Capital and Goldman Sachs executives, is advancing several projects on the continent, including in finance and in hydrocarbons.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ The team behind Gemcorp’s investments in Africa
▪ The London-based investment group, managed by former VTB Capital and Goldman Sachs executives, is advancing several projects on the continent, including in finance and in hydrocarbons.
Atanas Bostanddjev, the founder and chairman of Gemcorp, which has roughly $1 billion in assets under management, completed a management buy-out last year. This ended the group’s ties to the Russian oligarchs who launched it in 2014. The former CEO of VTB Capital UK was well advised: the independence gained by Gemcorp before the outbreak of the Ukrainian crisis in early 2022 and the imposition of sanctions against Russian interests now allows Gemcorp to continue with its various programmes on the continent unhindered.
This article is for subscribers only. To read more, subscribe with a special offer.
You are connected to your Jeune Afrique account but your Africa Business+ subscription does not allow you to consult the English version. To update your subscription, contact us by clicking here.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Africa Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : [email protected]
Add AB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add AB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.