Access Bank CEO Herbert Wigwe secures new European financing with FMO
The head of the Nigerian bank and his team were able to negotiate a cheque for $20 million from the Dutch funder.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ Access Bank CEO Herbert Wigwe secures new European financing with FMO
▪ The head of the Nigerian bank and his team were able to negotiate a cheque for $20 million from the Dutch funder.
This brings the total number of financing deals negotiated since 2017 between FMO and Access Bank to four. Through its recently approved N9.635 billion (€20 million) deal, the Hague-based agency is among the key supporters of a Nigerian economy hit by the COVID-19 crisis and falling oil prices. The latest transaction is an unfunded revolving portfolio guarantee – Nasira – to cover loans to Nigerian SMEs affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
This article is for subscribers only. To read more, subscribe with a special offer.
You are connected to your Jeune Afrique account but your Africa Business+ subscription does not allow you to consult the English version. To update your subscription, contact us by clicking here.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Africa Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : [email protected]
Add AB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add AB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.